Today we filmed the bulk of the remaining footage for the work, filming a long Seaton Promenade, and continuing in Seaton Dunes, again using the track an Dolly, filming from approximately mid day to 3pm spending about 1.15hr in each location with half an hour for lunch.The first part of the recording came really easily, having great weather, and dry ground to safely set up the track and jib, along with the camera. I set my ISO being 100, being a bright day, and had the exposure set as high as possible, just so I could get nice footage without a UV filter, as I do not own one. The track proved a powerful asset in looking at the footage back, seeing that it added an interesting depth to my footage, especially moving at a different speed to the action.
When it came to filming on the dunes, I had a problem, when it came to filming the fire igniting, we could not get the fire to ignite properly, and largely enough to make impacting footage, especially to the standard that I would like. This means that I have to resort to some clever footage of fire at another point in time, or, worst come to worse, find free sock footage to use for a small amount.
No comments:
Post a Comment