Monday, 6 October 2014
Progress Blog: thoughts behind audience research
Today, while collecting my audience research from an email I sent out via Survey Monkey, I had a negative reply about my music video idea from potential audience, in which the person said through comments that they thought my idea was pretentious and gave too much of a moral high ground on religion, it have faith too much authority, and said that my idea had nothing to do with the song. Although I feel like this person had missed the point, how the video is not about a high ground set in religion, but rather a critique on how media obsessed our society has become, and with so much media in the world frowning on religion, and preaching that there is no God, what it would be like living with faith in extremist conditions, where it becomes so difficult to bare with a society that doesn't accept other peoples opinions and how confusing the world has become I any situation not just religion. Although I may not of expressed my idea as clearly as I would of liked to having only limited space, I find it interesting to see other peoples opinions on certain aspects, and although it does anger me how someone could miss the point so much, and say that the idea has nothing to do with the song, I feel this is important to accept and discuss, as this idea clearly emotes some form of emotional response from people, and that's what is important for me to have people think, and if people don't agree with it's message that's okay, because after all, music and visual media is an art form, and that means it is completely open to personal expression both positive and negative, and this will have to be accepted. I will however have to make my ideas clearer visually, then I was able to do via text, as I still don't want to offend people, although this negative response is not going to deter me from going ahead in making my video, after all, can't compromise for every person in the world, and that's where I stand at this point in my planning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment